If you would like to see famous Croatian city in one day, book the best day trip from Dubrovnik to Split up the scenic Dalmatian coastline! Your guide is a local who will tell you all about the history and culture of Dalmatia, including the fact why we must pass through Bosnia and Herzegovina in order to get from Dubrovnik to anywhere else in Croatia. (Don't forget your passports!).
First planned is Trogir sightseeing. Built on an island and connected to the mainland by bridges, Trogir's historic center dates back to the 3rd century B.C. and was originally a Greek city-state.
During Split sightseeing you will explore Roman Emperor Diocletian magnificent palace which was bilt at the turn of the 4th century. Climb the bell tower of Sveti Duje cathedral for a breathtaking view of the port and visit a church that was built as a tomb.
On the way back we are leaving the coastline to visit fortress Klis on the mountaintop. You will see how the strategic position of this stronghold guarded Croatian border against the opposing Ottoman Empire for 300 years and perhaps enjoy the sunset over the Adriatic before returning to Dubrovnik.
Split private tour from Dubrovnik means you are not going with a guide but your guide is going with you and will be happy to customize itinerary according to your wishes!
• Departure from Dubrovnik and 1 hour drive till Bosnian border
• After crossing the border and perhaps short brake in Neum, 3 hours drive towards our first point of visit
• 1 hour and 30 minutes walking tour through the charming town Trogir
• Half an hour later is the main point of interest. 2 hours walking tour through historic centre and drive by most important sights in Split.
• On our way back 30 minutes visit of Fortress Klis